Simple Call Log is an android application that i created as i wasn't satisfied with the Call Log that exists on the vanilla android on my PDA.
this is a short description of the features, and some help.
The application displays the call log in 3 different tabs: "Incoming", "Outgoing" and "Missed". this is instead of the existing call log which displays the calls in a chronological order, disregarding the type of call.
each tab contains entries, and each entry represents a call, based on phone number.
each such entry displays the following: the Contact name (if exists), the phone number, and the dates and call durations of up to 7 previous calls for the given phone number. this is configurable.
a single click on an entry will open the dialpad, with the phone number already displayed.
a long click on an entry will open a menu: in case of an existing contact, the options to view the contact and send a SMS will appear. in case of a non-existing contact, the options to add the number as a new contact, and send a SMS will appear.
- "refresh" button - the app is refreshed every time it is reopened, and when a call is received or made. if for some reason the application didn't refresh, click on this button to refresh it.
- "options" button - opens the configuration menu (will be explained soon).
- "switch to" button - this button will open a menu which enables you to switch to either the dialpad or the contacts menu.
after clicking on the options button, a menu will be opened.
the menu includes the following:
- "Collect Calls" checkbox - when enabled, each entry will show the dates and duration of previous calls to each phone number. a phone number will not appear twice in the tab in this case. when disabled, each tab (incoming, outgoing, missed) will display all the calls in a chronological order.
- the slide bar below the "Collect Calls" checkbox enables the user to choose how many dates and durations of previous calls should be displayed per phone number.
- "default tab" choice: this option enables the user to choose which tab should be displayed when the application is started (note: if the application isn't restarted, but resumes, the last displayed tab will be displayed).
- "Background theme" choice: enables the user to choose the color theme - either black or light blue.
- "Include call duration" checkbox: enables the user to choose whether or not to show the calls duration along with the calls dates.
- "Date format" selection: enables the user to choose between DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY.
that's it for now.